Thursday, March 29, 2007

Holla!!!

Gotta say it's been pretty hectic and fun the last few days. I've been working the promo tables at school overtime, and my worries about getting enough contestants are finally coming to ease. We're over our 64 person minimum and coming very close to fulfilling the 16 people needed per bracket. With 2 more days to at the promo table to go, I gotta say I think we'll be just fine... I hope. Now the fear is making sure everyone shows up... one concern after another... sigh, tis the life. On the brightside, one of the contestants who signed up yesterday decided to hang out with us at the promo table, and while he used it mainly to pick up girls, he did manage to rack in at least about 10 other contestants. Moreover, there was one thing he did that reminded me what we've been missing.... enthusiasm. It's hard to make yourself seem excited when you're worrying about campaigns and doing event stuff while running off only a couple hours of sleep, but sometimes you just have to put a mask on and act the part. I'll have to say, Kelly inspired me. While in some cases I would say some of his tactics were borderline harrassment, he make me remember what the college atmosphere was all about: being young and having fun. Letting loose, and exploring your new found freedoms. Anyway, enough of this old talk...

GOOD NEWS!
I finally found a proper time to talk to Eric Maynor today (timing's everything Adam), told him we were behind "The Eric Maynor Show" and he was very thankful for it (Hell, I'm thankful for such a great season, but that's besides the point.) So after talking for a little bit, I think I managed to get Eric Maynor and some of the basketball team to make an appearance on Sunday. If they make it, we'll do a special announcement thing for them on stage. They deserve it. Let's just hope Adam doesn't scare them away again...

TRAINING
- Apparently, my method of overeating with every meal has been working... I can eat a lot more than before, and at times it seems like I could go on forever. A concern i have is that I've been running around all day this week trying to get things done, and that leaves me with barely anytime to ever eat. It's usually little things and then I'll have one big meal for the day. Might not be a bad things, stretches my stomach out, and I'm probably taking in less calories this way. Who knows?

I've been working on an excel spreadsheet for the past 4 hours and finally just finished. Dave needs sleep... more to come tomorrow.

No comments: