Saturday, March 24, 2007

And so it begins...


MoonPie Madness is only a week away till launch, and I've finally started the blog which is way past due. I gotta thank my teammates for being so patient about it, and oddly enough worrying more about damn lanyards for the event. Anyway, if you haven't read the description I'll setup the first post by outlining what this is all about.

MoonPie Madness stands to be the largest MoonPie eating contest to ever be held. Ever. At VCU at least. But for the record, we haven't heard of any other eating contests to have over 64 people competiting on the same day, and we're estimating to have at least 84 "gurgataters" so I'd say we're safe in making that claim. 84 gurgataters! MoonPies!?! How's this all going down? Well, here's the deal:

There's 2 competitions going on the sacred day of April 1st. An exhibition (a classic eating contest where everyone has 5 minutes to out eat each other, and try to break the unofficial record of 15 in 5 minutes), and as I like to call it, The Grand Tourney" (a March Madness themed eating contest where 64 students will go through 6 - 2 minute rounds and work their way through the bracket.) For more info on the event just hit up www.moonpiemadness.com, or feel free to drop some letters in my Inbox.

Now enough orientating you on what the awesomeness of MoonPie Madness is. This blog isn't about describing the actual event, but the issues leading up to it, and some of my training experiences since I'm not only a co-founder, but a contestant. And for the sake of not having an uber long single post, I'll begin the cool stuff in another one. (Trust me, it's easier to read that way)

No comments: